Zipp’s 303 Firecrest® Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset is designed for the real world… a world of imperfect conditions, road surfaces, and elements where the bottom line is simple. Efficiency = speed. It’s faster, lighter, and more capable over varied terrain—whether the surface is pavement in all its conditions or no pavement at all.
Deeply rooted in Zipp’s drive to conquer the Spring Classics, the new 303 Firecrest is remade with a purpose-made approach for the demands of modern road bikes. When it comes to going fast on a bicycle, efficiency means reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, weight.
Its rim is slightly more bulbous in design than its predecessor, with a 32mm outside width, a 25mm internal width, and a 40mm rim depth. The profile provides low drag and an improved transition between rim and tyre, boosting aero efficiency on the road. The wide rim stance also features less tyre deflection for reduced rolling resistance. The combination of the wider tyre, increased tyre volume, and lower tyre pressure helps to reduce rider fatigue by smoothing out the ride over imperfect pavement and road conditions—the tyre and wheel system absorbs the shaking, not the rider.
At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. This hubset features 66 points of engagement for quicker response.
The model year 2021 and later Zipp 303 Firecrest disc-brake wheels are compatible with tubeless or tubeless-ready tyres, unless the tyre manufacturer specifically prohibits the use of their products on tubeless hookless (straight side) rims. Minimum compatible tyre width is 700 x 28C - No 25 / 26 / 27C tyres to be used on this wheelset.
Zipp encourages consumers to confirm compatibility with the tyre manufacturer before installing other tubeless or tubeless-ready tyres on Zipp’s new 303 Firecrest disc-brake wheelsets. Zipp compatibility information can be found here on the SRAM Support pages.
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed.
- Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile.
- Lighter Weight than its predecessor, making it nimble and fast.
- Tubeless Made Easy, optimized tyre bed sign allows for simple tool-free installation and removal with no need for an air compressor to seat the tyre.
- Ultra-wide 25mm rim profile creates a better tire interface to be fast on or off the road.
- New 40mm rim depth makes a light and aero wheel in every situation.
- New ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement.
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps.
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included with the wheels.
- SRAM/Shimano 11-speed driver body included.
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately.