Marlin 4 is the perfect gateway to trail riding. It's ideal for new riders who want a mountain bike with knobby tyres, that can double as a rugged commuter. Disc brakes, front suspension, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and fenders make this a great bike for new trail riders and campus commuters alike.
It's right for you if...
You want an introductory mountain bike at an incredible price, but also want a commuter that's rugged enough to hop kerbs on the way to class.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame with internal shift cable and brake hose routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you always have the right gear for your terrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain.
The final word
It's built in Trek's mountain bike heritage and great for any adventure. The rack and mudguard mounts make it a great choice for commuters who want to get a little rad on the way to class or the shops.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real mountain bike that's also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Rack and mudguard mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty