Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike made for epic all-road adventures. It's built with lightweight OCLV Carbon, terrain-smoothing damped IsoSpeed, nimble-yet-stable progressive geometry, internal storage and loads of mounts. All of that adds up to a rad gravel bike capable of crushing the longest, roughest rides and the most ambitious bikepacking trips.
It's right for you if...
Chamois or cut-off shorts, bikepacking trip or brutal day of gravel racing – you're going to ride far, go fast and have a great time. You want a bike that's both fast and comfortable, and you want endless carrying options for gravel races and everyday adventures.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with damped Rear IsoSpeed and carbon armour, a progressive geometry that's stable at speed and efficient when you're grinding up a climb, internal storage, hidden cables that won't interfere with bags, integrated frame bag mounts and rack and mudguard mounts. Plus, a carbon fork, a 2x11 Shimano GRX drivetrain with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, and wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction. You can even run a dropper post to get low on long descents.
The final word
Light, fast, comfortable. The Checkpoint SL 5 gives you the unmatched ride quality of an OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed and gravel-specific geometry, plus internal storage and a drivetrain built for rough terrain.
Why you'll love it
- The damped, controlled rebound of the IsoSpeed decoupler soaks up fatiguing bumps without bouncing you around
- All-new progressive geometry is quick and nimble yet keeps you stable and in control on fast, choppy descents
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 45 c for extra traction and stability in any conditions
- Integrated frame bag mounts and rack and mudguard mounts make it easy to carry gear and water