Slash 9.9 is the fastest enduro mountain bike in the line-up, so it's no surprise it's the go-to ride for the pros of Trek Factory Racing Enduro. A full carbon frame, all-new hard-charging suspension, fast-rolling carbon wheels and Shimano's newest XTR drivetrain make this top-of-the-line ride the undisputed king of enduro.
Trek have increased the travel of the new Slash by 10 mm to 170 mm up front and 160 mm at the rear. The geometry has also been fundamentally revised: the reach is longer, the seat tube angle is almost 2° steeper and the head angle is slacker (now 64.1°). The bottom bracket was lowered by a further 6 mm, despite having more travel, bringing the BB drop to 29 mm. As with the Fuel EX, the Slash has a storage compartment in the down tube of both the carbon and aluminium frames.
Trek have also improved many details of the Slash, giving the bike a new Thru Shaft Super Deluxe shock specially made by RockShox, a revised Knock Block that doesn’t limit the steering quite as much, a threaded bottom bracket and bigger frame protectors. On top of that, the new Trek Slash comes with a 34.9 mm dropper post offering up to 200 mm of travel.
Whats changed on Trek Slash:
- longer and slacker geometry with a steeper seat tube angle
- more travel – 170 mm at the front, 160 mm at the rear
- convenient storage compartment in the down tube (aluminium and carbon frames)
- revised Knock Block offering a wider steering angle (72° instead of 58°)
- Specially developed Super Deluxe shock with Thru Shaft technology
- bigger frame protectors
- 34.9 mm dropper post with up to 200 mm travel